Ridiculum sum, ergo sum...

The New and Improved Mumblings of my Brain...

My Photo
Name:

I love my British English teacher and my theatre teacher, and stuff. I'm rather crazy. Actually, quite crazy. Sometimes. My hair is ridiculously curly, and I have big feet. My mom refers to me as, "Y'know, tall girl, big hair, laughs a lot..."

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Confessions from a Teenage Teenager

I've been asked to post my autobiography here. Well...here it is. Enjoy. And comment, foo's.

Three stories above the busy street of Hamilton in the dear city of Allentown, a cry rang out from a hospital room and thus, I, Catherine Olivia Deiley came to be. The date was the fifth day of the eleventh month, in the year 1991 A. D. As of the current date, I now reside in my tenth year of school (the grade so named ninth). Describing my character to someone proves to be a difficult task, yet I shall attempt this undertaking to the full of my ability. I am a rather dreamy person, my mind never as tethered to reality as it presumably should be, but instead drifts from thought to thought, like a balloon that slipped and escaped from the child’s hand. Determined in some things, yet lax in others, I believe I obtain a much different way of viewing life than others. My being is as deep as it is shallow, a complete conundrum in itself. In fact, when I think, something out of the ordinary always accompanies my thoughts.

My family is an interesting tale to weave. My father is a strong man, very hard working. My mother is a caring figure, always there for us, every bit as assiduous as my father. My brother is as quiet as my sister, his twin is loud. Both of them are four years younger than I, the age of ten. Together, the five of us live harmoniously, though we have our rifts, which can last minutes or days. We live outside the realm of Leesport, in a near ancient farmhouse, laced with the memories of both today, and yesteryear.

My hobbies can sometimes be as obscure as my thoughts. At times, they can be very elaborate, such as my passion for calligraphy, the art of beautiful hand writing, and others, simple and literally meaningless, like lying on my back and gazing at the sky, whether at night, mid-day, or dawn. Said hobbies can change from week to week, my passions seemingly trivial. For a period of time, I was consumed with creating works of art out of polymer clay. While I still enjoy this hobby, time has passed and my in-fatuation has ceased. I also favor reading highly, an all time favorite of many, and along with reading, there is always writing. My love for these two walk hand in hand, for one cannot write without reading. To leave this world and enter another, leaving my physical body and surroundings behind to take on a completely new creature astounds me to this day. In addition to these pastimes, I also take part in the sports of volleyball and softball.

There are many things I like, and nearly as many, if not more things I dislike, but I am going to start with color. My favorite shades of the spectrum tend to be dark, subdued colors, such as a deep scarlet, forest green, and navy blue, because they are so rich, and beautiful. I tend to dislike brighter, neon shades, as they tend to be obnoxious never completely coordinate with each other. My favorite novel is Maximum Ride, by the acclaimed James Patterson. It is so amazing, and continues to throw me into a state of awe at how any one, mortal being can write like that. My beloved animal is a Panthera leo, more commonly known as the majestic lion of the wild plains of Africa. I am rather fond of foods like chocolate and barbecue wings, while I will turn away food such as cheese and pears. As stated above, I am infatuated with writing as well. Pouring one’s heart, soul, and being onto paper is as refreshing as a plunge into cool, crystalline water.

It is no surprise that a good portion of my goals include writing. Currently, I have engaged myself in several works that I am recording, and I wish to get one, a book I have completely finished, published before I end my high school career. I have four years, and I plan to meet this self-made deadline with skilled precision. With the upcoming Panters-On-Parade performances, I have aspirations of landing a part in this play, though my singing skills (or lack thereof) are not up to par. I will also say that I long to play varsity volleyball. This has been a dream of mine since I was a young girl.

Now, hopefully, you know more about me than you ever would have dared dream. I cannot blame you if you find this tedious, or dull, for my life hasn’t reached many climaxes, but it shall, and when it does, I will be here to write about them as them come.

3 Comments:

Blogger BeckStra7 said...

Yester-year! To be completley honest, I didn't read this, cuz ya know, I already did. In yester-year.

-Me, who is looking for an exciting sign off.

4:09 PM  
Blogger BeckStra7 said...

Sorry, I didn't talk to you. But I wasn't there!! I ABSOULTLY forgot I was signed on. We went to Redners' and places. Your sister and brother were out skateboarding. See, that proves I wasn't here!!!

-Me.

Oh, and my blog is cheesyducttape, or you can just click on the blue BeckStra7 thing.

12:58 PM  
Blogger BeckStra7 said...

Okay, scratch that. Clicking on the beckstra7 only shows you my profile.

www.cheesyducttape.blogspot.com

~Me~

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home